Sunday 17 July 2011

Part 1 - Sleep

Hi fellow blog readers,

I am here to tell you that I will be going to NYC from Tuesday to Saturday so I will not be blogging. I may go to a New York Mets game on one of those days, and if I do I will blog about it. I just wanted you to know.

Back to the post. I have decide to do a 4 part series on things you need to do in the off season of any sport. Todays will be THE POWER OF SLEEP.
Rest is very important in the world of sports. You need rest after a tough game, a big workout or a fun practise. You can rest by sleeping of relaxing. I recommend 10 hours of sleep each day, but what do I know about rest.

Rest helps refuel your body after any exercise. You will play better with rest in whichever sport you play. If you try to play a game after partying past 2:00 am, you will not play as good as you possibly can. Think about it.

I also found a really good article about sleep for sports. The article is very well done and enjoyed. Here is the link: http://www.canada.com/vancouversun/news/westcoastnews/story.html?id=73830f06-811c-4e04-89e4-dd8f50ac6bf8


Kids may want to stay up late on game days or non game days. But you remember you wont play as good without it.

No comments: