Sunday 10 April 2011

NHL Eastern Conference 1st Round Playoff Predictions

The Eastern Conference playoff teams have been decided and that means...  more predictions! Don't yell at me if they're all wrong.

[1] Washingtion Capitals vs. New York Rangers[8]

The Outcome: I have to pick the Caps in 5-7 games. Their team will be solid with D-man Mike Green coming back from injury, but the Caps lost to the Rangers 7-0 in December. I see Alex Ovechkin coming out strong for the Capitals. The Rangers have lots of depth in their roster which is key in the playoffs. I see Bryan Mccabe playing well.


[2] Philadelphia Flyers vs. Buffalo Sabers[7]

The Outcome: I am going with the Flyers in 4 games. Mike Richards will play well but I don't think the Sabers defence can shut down Phiily's top 2 lines. Tyler Myers is going to play solid and so will Ryan Miller but the Flyers defence will be awesome.

[3] Boston Bruins vs. Montreal Canadians[6]

The Outcome: Montreal will pull off the upset in 6 games because of P.K Subban and Scott Gomez will play great but can Carey Price get back to shutout mode? Zdeno Chara will try and wear out the Montreal forwards but won't be successful.

[4] Pittsburgh Penguins vs. Tampa Bay Lightning[5]

The Outcome: The Lightning in 5 games. Without Crosby the Penguins don't stand a chance. Stamkos has to score and Marty St Louis has to pass. The only hope for the Penguins winning is goal tending.


I will have my Western Conference Playoff Preview tomorrow.

3 comments:

Leaf Fan Forever said...

My predictions:

Capitals in 5
Bruins in 5
Lightning in 6
Flyers in 6

Go Leafs Go!!!

Nana said...

Well I have to agree with Ben.

Leafsforever said...

Looks like the Habs might pull off that upset you predicted...but its Gionta and Price....not Gomez...